Apple has released the highly anticipated iOS 16.3 version. However, iPhones have gained many new features. On the other hand, many problems that drove users crazy, such as horizontal lines on the iPhone 14, have been resolved.
What Does the New iOS Version Offer to Users?
The innovation that came to the fore with the new update was the security section. With this feature, when you try to sign in to your Apple ID from a different device, a security key will now be requested in addition to two-step verification.
Emergency calls via satellite, which entered our lives with the iPhone 14 series, although it is a life-saving feature, have been the focus of criticism due to recent false reports. The iOS 16.3 update offers a solution to this problem as well. Now you have to press and release the volume up and down button with the button on the side of the device.
Here are the New Features and Solved Issues That Came with iOS 16.3:
- Embracing the spirit of Black History Month, the New Unity wallpaper celebrates and honors African American history and culture.
- By introducing Security Keys for Apple ID, users can enhance the security of their accounts by requiring a physical key as part of the two-step verification sign-in process on new devices. This is an effortless way to take your safety and privacy into your own hands!
- The emergency SOS function now requires pressing and releasing either the volume up or volume down button in tandem with the side button, so that there are no unintended distress calls.
- By utilizing Advanced Data Protection for iCloud, you can now protect up to 23 categories of data stored in the cloud from potential breaches or leaks. This includes all your valuable information, such as iCloud Backup, Notes, and Photos, which are safeguarded with end-to-end encryption.
- Added HomePod (2nd generation) support.
- Apple resolved the bug that caused some drawings created in Freeform with Apple Pencil or your finger to go unseen on shared boards.
- Resolved the issue that caused a black background to appear on the locked screen, restoring beautiful wallpapers for users.
- Fixed an issue that caused horizontal lines to appear temporarily when waking the iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- Fixed an issue where the Home lock screen widget was not correctly displaying the Home app status.
- Fixed an issue that caused Siri to not respond properly to music requests.
You may be interested: Apple vs. Samsung: Who Sold the Most Smartphones?